Do you struggle with being assertive?
Are you lacking the confidence and self-esteem to communicate effectively?
Do you find yourself blowing up and then regretting it?
People often struggle with finding a balance between passive and aggressive communication. Assertive communication is expressing what you believe and how it can be achieved in a way that is strong, open, tactful and effective, and also allows the other to respond.
Participants attending this workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Increase their understanding of assertiveness
- Develop a greater understanding of their own individual patterns; passivity, assertiveness, or aggression
- Examine blocks to assertiveness
- Increase their ability to constructively confront others
- Apply assertive communication skills
- Learn and practice tactics for "turning up the heat"
- Identify their own body language and recognize the effect of body language on communication
- Examine barriers to saying "No," and develop strategies for setting boundaries
June 19, 2023 | 12:30-4:00 pm CST
Trainer: Sue Hemphill
To learn more about your trainer, Sue, click HERE.