Mediation Skills Certificate
This certificate is geared towards individuals seeking to gain models and skills to function as an external mediator / conflict management consultant (e.g. someone who is not known by the involved parties). All courses include hands-on practice followed by debriefing sessions with experienced practitioners. This program is offered in partnership with Facilitated Solutions, a firm of workplace conflict management specialists.
How it Works
- Register for the Certificate at any time at the cost of $50.00 CAD*.
- Register and attend the required workshops for the Mediation Skills Certificate. You will map out and schedule your own training path and we will track your progress. Please make note of the prerequisite courses when planning your schedule.
- You have an unlimited timeframe to complete a certificate - noting that too much time between courses may have an impact on the retention of materials learned. Each course builds on the other so a refresher course may be required at your cost if the time has been too long.
- Upon completion of all the courses required, you will receive your Mediation Skills Certificate.
- If you are a real keener, adding a second or third certificate is easier than you think. You do not have to retake any classes that you have completed for your last certificate, just the additional requirements for the new certificate. So, a second certificate could be as little as 6 more days of studies.
*note: the certificate fee is separate from the course fees. Course fees are charged at the time you register for them.
Feel free to call or email if you have any questions: 204.925.3410 or [email protected].REGISTER FOR A CERTIFICATE NOW
Workshops in Mediation Skills Certificate:
Introduction to Conflict Resolution - 2 days
Introduction to Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People is our foundational course, that all other courses are built on. For this reason we highly recommend that this be the first course you take from us and is a prerequisite to take before you complete any other workshops within our certificates.
Coaching for Resolution - 2 days
Dealing with Anger - 2 days
Basic Mediation Skills - 5 days
Mediation Practice - 2 days
3-days worth of Electives - *Note: any of our courses NOT listed in the certificate requirements counts as an elective.