This course represents an intensive opportunity to integrate the concepts, models and skills learned in the other mediation courses. Some of the unique features include:
- Participants engaging in lengthier simulations under the tutelage of a veteran mediator who is specifically assigned to work with one small group throughout the role play (i.e. a dedicated coach in each break out session).
- After each small group practice session there will be an initial debrief involving all 4 participants before those playing disputants return to the main room for focused tutorials to reinforce core skills.
- At the same time, those who played co-mediators will remain in the breakout rooms to engage in a much fuller debrief/learning session with their assigned coach.
Participants consistently report a high-level of learning satisfaction with this workshop. Mediation Practice is led by a larger team of senior mediators with each training participant afforded multiple opportunities to work with highly experienced professionals.
Introduction to Conflict Resolution, Coaching for Resolution, and Basic Mediation Skills are Prerequisites for this course.
This two-day workshop provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Increase their overall comfort with the models of mediation taught at Mediation Services;
- Integrate and improve the skills learned in Mediation Skills I and Mediation Skills II in a supportive environment which provides intensive, practical feedback;
- Deepen their understanding of concepts integral to the mediation process through focused “tutorial” sessions; and
- Learn how to respond more effectively to the difficult moments that inevitably arise in the course of the mediation process.