Generations at Work
Are generational gaps a source of conflict for you or your team?
Each generation - Veterans, Boomers,Gen X, Gen Y, Millennial - has unique expectations, communication styles and needs. Learn tips and strategies to manage each generation effectively. This is an essential course for 21st century leaders.
What you'll get from this course:
Managing the culture clash between Millennials, Xers, Boomers and Veterans can be challenging. We also a new generation entering the workforce, Generation Z, and for the first time we may have 5 generations working together. This short course will look at different workplace cultures and where difficulties often occur. Some helpful tips and strategies will be shared to assist managers to work more effectively with each group and to manage situations between the groups.
In this course participants will...
- learn the five generational work cultures in the workplace;
- identify their generational work culture and the challenges of working with other
- examine the ways in which the five generations clash at work;
- understand ways to effectively manage employees from all five generations;
- understand what motivates you and other employees;
- learn how to adapt your leadership style to motivate others; and
- differentiating between the "supportive coach" role and the "performance management accountability role".